Wednesday, October 19, 2016

KOTESOL 2016


I had a great time last weekend at KOTESOL's 2016 International Conference.  I was really blown away by the quality and depth of the speakers, both actual Ph.D.-totin' academics and college instructors like me with mere M.A.'s and such.  (I did attend one hilariously awful talk, but honestly that's still a pretty good percentage of quality to dross over two days.)

I've got more to say, if only to suggest some really great books about teaching, but this week I'm also buried in grading midterm exams and crunching the data for me and my co-workers' own research paper.

As one co-worker suggested, our data is really good and adding up to something interesting but let's never use student word count as our primary data source ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment