Monday, January 16, 2017

Two Things I'm Actually Looking Forward To In 2017, Believe It Or Not

I realize I'm on a bit of a film kick lately buy hey, since we probably won't make it to 2018 why not?  Also, it's cold outside so other than work and exercise I'm pretty much living the eskimo lifestyle, chillin' in my virtual internet-enabled igloo for the next few months.

Anyhow, two movies I'm both excited and worried about for 2017 are:

Annihilation, based on Jeff Vandermeer's novel of the same name.  I'm hoping they'd have done the entire trilogy in one film (the books aren't terribly long) but it looks like they may be trying to bank on doing a second and third film, which is always a bad idea.  But then again, who knows.  The trilogy is really quite good and I have no idea how they'll film certain scenes -- the books are bizarre and disturbing to say the least.  Here's hoping it's a success.

Zeroville, based on the novel by Steve Erickson.  It's one of my favorite books, and I'm even more worried about this one.  While the novel itself contains a lot of dark humor, I'd never have categorized it as a "comedy-drama."  Also, it's a James Franco product, and he's pretty much the Platonic Ideal of "hit-or-miss."

Given that Annihilation is being directed by the incredibly talented Alex Garland, I'm thinking of placing my high hopes on the former and not so much the latter.

No comments:

Post a Comment